Fissure is a mini tear caused in the Anus region which is many a time painful to experience.
Causes of Anal Fissure
Fissures are caused in the Anus region due to various reasons that are enlisted below.
- Complicated childbirth
- Tough Bowel movements
- Insufficient blood flow to the Anorectal region
- Abnormally tight Anus muscles
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Anal Infection
- Experiencing Diarrhea for an extended period of time
- Anal Cancer
Symptoms of Anal Fissure
Fissures in the Anal Region show out through some predominant symptoms like the ones listed below.
- Burning sensation in Anus
- Bleeding in stools
- Pricking pain in Anus during bowel movements
- Lump near the tear in Anus
- Constant discharge of Malodorous
Who gets affected by Anal Fissure?
People belonging to all age groups are prone to get affected by Fissure. Many medical conditions cause a fissure in people belonging to different age groups.
- Aged people
- Prolonged condition of dehydration
- People suffering from constant constipation
- Women during pregnancy and post pregnancy
- Patients suffering from Inflammatory Bowel Disease
Fissure is diagnosed medically by trained Medical Professional in a variety of ways.
- External examination of the Anal region
- Internal examination through Endoscopy process
- Internal examination of the Rectum using a medical instrument named as Anoscope
The internal diagnosis helps the Medical Professional to understand the exact causes of pain caused in the Rectal or Anal regions. Endoscopy examination helps Doctors understand the presence of Hemorrhoids in Anus.
Treatment options available for Fissures
Apart from Laser surgeries, there are a couple of other treatment options available for Fissures such as the ones mentioned below
- Sitz bath
- Anesthetic ointments
- Adding more fiber content to the diet
- Steroid medications through prescriptions
- Home remedies which use OTC products to bulk or soften the stool
Solution to get rid of Fissures
Anal fissures often heal within a few weeks if you take steps to keep your stool soft, such as increasing your intake of fiber and fluids. Soaking in warm water for 10 to 20 minutes several times a day, especially after bowel movements, can help relax the sphincter and promote healing.
If your symptoms persist, you’ll likely need further treatment.
Externally applied nitroglycerin (Rectiv)
Topical anesthetic creams
Botulinum toxin type A (Botox) injection
Blood pressure medications
If you have a chronic anal fissure that is resistant to other treatments, or if your symptoms are severe, your doctor may recommend surgery. Doctors usually perform a procedure called lateral internal sphincterotomy (LIS), which involves cutting a small portion of the anal sphincter muscle to reduce spasm and pain and promote healing. Studies have found that for a chronic fissure, surgery is much more effective than any medical treatment. However, surgery has a small risk of causing incontinence. Fissures can be gotten rid of through Laser surgeries easily in a painless manner. Fissures can be treated through medication as well as surgeries. Getting treated through Fissure Surgery by Laser is one of the best options available for people suffering from the same. Consult with the best fissure doctor in Rajasthan to avail the best fissure laser treatment. Fissure surgery cost in India is highly economical. In particular, Fissure surgery cost in Rama Krishna Hospital Kota, Rajasthan remains highly affordable for all classes of people. Best fissure treatment Kota is performed by highly efficient Medical Practitioner whose expertise in the same is world famous. Fissure operation recovery time is minimal since the same is performed using Laser Technology.